AVATAVA have adopted a philosophy that assumes the honesty and good intent of our customers. Therefore, our services are provided in as unrestricted a manner as possible to allow our customers to have the most successful web presence possible. If you have any questions about any of our policies, please contact the Technical Support Manager at support@AVATAVA.net.
Shared Hosting Policies
Violation of the following policies will result in immediate termination of accounts.
- "Sexually Explicit Adult Content" or "Content Which Advocates The Sexual Exploitation Of Children" or pages linking to such content is not allowed on AVATAVA Servers. In short, if it is something inappropriate for a six year old to view, it does not belong here!
- Users may not download or store illegal copies of commercial software. If we find commercial software stored on our system, we will delete the files and immediately terminate your service.
- Trying to "hack" root or user logins on any machine is forbidden. Attempting to do so will result in immediate account termination.
- Users may not run packet sniffers or similar programs.
- IRC programs are not allowed. Users may not have IRC programs running at any time. This includes both "Bots" and IRC sessions.
Email And USENET (News)
- Users may not "Spam" or flood the Usenet with a single post to a large number newsgroups (10 or more) not related to the topic of your article., or make many posts with essentially the same content to many different newsgroups.
- Users may not post off topic messages to Usenet. This includes messages violating the specific newsgroup's charter or purpose.
- Users may not make physical threats against another person via e-mail, news or any other electronic media/service provided by AVATAVA.
- Users may not forge e-mail or news postings (to include cancel messages, whether manual or automated).
- Users may not "Spam" people via email. This is defined as unsolicited (unwanted, un-requested) email.
Web Pages And Shared Server Processes
- Users are given the following web resources by default. Please refer to the Server FAQ for additional bandwidth and data storage information.
- A maximum of 1,000 cpu-seconds/day in CGI execution time.
- Users may not run their own server daemons (ftp, IRC, MUDs, MUSHs, etc.) on AVATAVA hosting account machines (this does not apply to server customers).
- Users are not allowed to run background jobs while not logged in.
- AVATAVA reserves the right to kill off CPU intensive processes.
- Individual processes MUST consume less then 20 seconds of cpu per hour, may not be disk intensive, and must consume less then 300K of active memory.
- Users may not schedule a cron process to run more often than once every 2 hours.
- Users must safeguard their account passwords as if they were credit card numbers or social security numbers. If someone were to gain access to your account password, they could tamper with your files and your email.
- Users must comply with requests of AVATAVA. If we feel your account, programs you run or your password is insecure or you fail to comply with security requests, we will suspend your account until the matter is resolved.
AVATAVA has a strong commitment to respect and protect the privacy of its customers and their information that is stored on AVATAVA's Hosting Services. AVATAVA will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to provide the AVATAVA Services, to operate or maintain its systems or to protect itself or its customers.
Users may not mount an attack against our system or any other systems. This includes but is not limited to mail bombing (sending three or more unsolicited pieces of e-mail or files exceeding 500K), "hacking" or attempting to gain root access, ping flooding, tsunami or flood bots or annoyance utilities like "nuke" or "flash".
See other AVATAVA Terms of Service Policies